You don’t always protect your brother. It is also immunity and knowledge that becomes a shield in this time of trial. Let us also pay tribute to him on this Raksha Bandhan.
In a recent webinar, I emphasized that festivals can turn our captain’s journey upside down. That tempting breakfast returns to a bland diet of wheat and rice. However, diversifying the gut microbiome is important. Badges are for everyone. You don’t have to be sensitive to gluten to start eating.
For beginners, it takes about 6 to 10 weeks for millet to adapt. Dos and don’ts, and you need to know how to properly wash and soak these grains.
Today’s recipe for Bajra Raki with Sprouted Ragi (Jijang) is an attempt to show you that cheating can help you feel less guilty. Read more about the step-by-step process and watch the video. Have a wonderful Raksha Bandhan with your loved ones and yourself.
Bajra Raki with Sprouted Millet
1 cup sprouted glutinous rice flour
cup coconut sugar (or any natural sweetener)
2 tbsp sour
1 tsp vanilla extract
water for concentration control
A few drops of cold pressed oil for seasoning a cast iron plate
This recipe has everything you need. (Photo: Shalini Rajni)
1. Combine the mashed banana, ragi powder, sugar and khatta in a deep bowl. Mix by hand until banana and sugar are well mixed.
2. When the dough reaches a certain consistency, add little water and adjust the consistency to make a thick dough. Use a whisk for best results. Let the dough ferment for 2 hours.
3. After fermentation, carefully pour the dough into the nozzle bottle and preheat the cast iron griddle.
4. You can use this dough for banana ragi pancakes. But for today’s celebration, make some adorable rakis and have some fun. Watch the video.
5. Decorate as suggested. I have used many seeds to make it healthier. You can always try your best in your own way and in your own home.
6. Serve fresh. Consume on the same day.
Health benefits of sprouted ragi flour
It helps protect the heart, improve the digestive system, reduce cancer risk , promote respiratory health, detoxify the body, optimize the immune system, increase energy levels, and improve muscle and nerve health. can help. Ragi also strengthens bones, strengthens teeth and helps to overcome iron deficiency. The high amount of dietary fiber combined keeps the stomach full for longer and prevents unwanted cravings. This in turn leads to reduced appetite and weight loss.
(Shalini Rajni is the founder of Crazy Kadchi and hosts innovative millet cooking workshops for all ages.)