The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based MBA entrance exam conducted annually for admission to postgraduate management programs at IIMs and other leading business schools in the country. This year, IIM Ahmedabad will conduct the CAT exam. Registration for CAT 2021 began on August 4, and the last registration date is September 15.
The CAT exam traditionally lasted 180 minutes, but due to the Kovid-19 epidemic , the duration of the CAT 2020 was reduced to 120 minutes. For CAT 2021, the Examination Authority has chosen the same period. According to the latest notification, the CAT 2021 exam template is divided into three sections and contains a total of 76 questions. The VARC and QA sections will have 26 questions each and the DILR section will have 24 questions. This year’s CAT exam is on November 28th.
As the exam draws to a close, here are some strategies that those who want to pass the CAT exam can follow:
1: An honest overview of your strengths and weaknesses : It is essential to examine and simulate online simulations to find out your strengths and weaknesses. Candidates are advised to try all the questions. If you are in the 90 percent area, you may be able to get a better score on the CAT exam. However, if your score is lower than that, you should focus on working on your weak points.
2: Focus more on your weak points: If you are able to correct 33% of the article correctly and are satisfied with the analysis, you should try to address Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension (VARC). Rational logic and interpretation of data (LRDI) when you are not doing well. Spend a lot of time clarifying the ideas of your weak points and solving more relevant questions. It is important to try section tests and pass as many mock tests as possible. By following this approach, you can gradually increase your score.
3: Check out the online study materials: In view of the epidemic, it is best to enroll in online coaching courses if you want to cover a significant portion of the program. Online coaching platforms are generally flexible and adaptable to most aspirations. One can choose the most suitable schedule and attend classes accordingly. The best part about online coaching is that you can always refer recorded sessions for review. Also, these courses are great for building ideas and removing doubts.
4: Practice mock testing: Mock testing is very important for any exam because it plays an important role in self-assessment. They prepare you for the exam by giving you a clear picture of the time allotted for each subject. It is important to stick to mock tests to minimize the number of failed attempts on each test.
5: Strengthen your strong section: Each student has their own weak and strong sections, it is important to evaluate them carefully. Once you are convinced of your strong category, give that category your best and be the best at it. It is important to practice as much as possible to get a high score in these categories. Also, go through the sample solution in detail to find out the mistakes made. This way, you can quickly fix this section.
6. Learn from your mock test mistakes: It is important for students to learn from their mock and section test mistakes. This will help you to eliminate such errors in the future. Students should also make a collective effort to improve on their strongest subjects.
7. Keep the news up- to-date: Keep reading news from around the world as many books as possible. Recommends students to read articles on philosophy, sociology, psychology, history, art, culture, literature, science and technology, economics, and business.
8. Have a comprehensive understanding of the concepts: Make sure you understand all the concepts and strategies for solving logical reasoning and interpreting data sections in a timely manner. Manage your time well, because you have to solve many calculations in a minute.
9. Practice reading comprehension: Reading comprehension is one of the most difficult part of the exam. Regular training is important to get good grades in this category and those interested should try to solve CR as much as possible.
10. Last Minute Tips: Improve your reading speed to at least 150 wpm. Write down words that are difficult for you in a section or article and try to remember them. You can memorize these words in a variety of ways, such as incorporating these terms into your daily life or using memos.
However, do not start your preparation in the last days before the exam. Keep your notes easy, make effective hints, and try to follow the suggested action strategies for your last minute review. Also, as you approach the CAT exam, focus and motivate yourself on pursuing your goal.
The author is a CAT teacher at Un Academy