- The actor first appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- He also starred Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man
- Before venturing into films, he wanted to become a mechanical engineer
Anthony Mackie, 42, is the new Captain America. He will play the role in the upcoming movie Captain America 4. The actor first appeared in a Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film as Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He played the role in the next MCU movies such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. The last instalments of the Avengers series signalled Anthony’s entry as the new Captain America. Towards the end of Avengers: Endgame, Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) had handed over his shield to Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) and retired from his role. Anthony was also seen in the Disney+Hotstar series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. In thefinal episode of the series, Sam Wilson assumes Captain America’s mantle and shield.
While we wait in anticipation to see Anthony Mackie in Captain America 4, here are 10 interesting facts about the actor. Check them out:
1. Anthony Mackie wanted to get into the MCU so bad that he kept mailing Marvel Studios for almost five years before he made his breakthrough.
2.When Anthony Mackie was finally given a spot, he agreed to play the role even before knowing about the character or the movie.
3. He stepped into acting in the first place because he was inspired by MCU star Don Cheadle, who plays James Rhodes/War Machine. The actor considers Cheadle his mentor.
4.Anthony Mackie is also a Broadway actor and loves everything to do with theatre and Shakespeare.
5.Before entering the world of acting, he wanted to become a mechanical engineer.
6.Anthony Mackie and Chris Evans have also worked together in non-MCU movies like Playing It Cool and What’s Your Number?
7. Anthony Mackie, who often needs to execute aerial stunts, is afraid of heights. Thanks to his role in MCU, he is learning to deal with his fear.
8. The actor is known for his funny tweets. We can safely say that he has mastered the art of tweeting. Here’s a glimpse:
Don’t be sneakin up on me fool! I told him I was a more scary in person than in movies! LoL pic.twitter.com/MHZ76H3R20
— Anthony Mackie (@AnthonyMackie) September 17, 2014
9. Anthony Mackie came to know that he would be the next Captain America while he was hanging out with Chris Evans during a football match. Chris Evans showed him the script of Avengers: Endgame and broke the news.
10. Anthony Mackie loves fishing. While shooting for Avengers: Infinity War, he used to go fishing between takes.